Ariel Pellman is a Brooklyn based Costume designer, wardrobe professional, teacher, and Jewelry maker with more than 10 years of experience in the theatrical costume industry. Her experience and skill set is vast and varied.
- Designing and executing costumes for dozens of theatrical productions ranging from small, 2 person plays to complex musicals, dance and opera.
- Draping and patterning costumes for theatrical productions
- fabric dyeing and painting
- shopping fabrics and materials for Broadway costume shop Parsons Meares
- styling for editorial and commercial photo shoots
- assisting world-class costume designers on major theatrical productions
- teaching Costume Design at the undergraduate level for CUNY York College
- working backstage as a wardrobe assistant on over a dozen Broadway shows
- Wardrobe Supervisor on off and off off broadway productions
- Expert in costume history
- Knowledge and ability to execute historic hairstyles and makeup,
- Experience in special effects makeup, including sculpting, painting and executing silicone and latex appliances, Body painting. Mask making. Blood effects.
When she is not working in the world of costume and styling, Ariel is the designer for budding jewelry brand NerdSparkle. Nerdsparkle is the result of Ariel's passions for sci fi and fantasy "Geek" culture, and all things that glitter and gleam. You can find her jewelry for purchase at NerdSparkle.com